FOR 3 OR MORE PEOPLE
Provide answers and collect the most cards once all the cards in the deck have been played.
Instructions & Rules
1. Put students into groups of 3 or more, in a circle.
2. Choose one student to be the leader of the group. The leader doesn’t play.
3. The leader keeps the deck of cards, upside down, on the table in front of him/her.
4. The leader flips the cards one by one and reads them as they are placed in front of the other students.
5. Whoever answers the fastest, correctly, will take the card.
6. If a word is used once in the game, it cannot be used again. For example, if the word “carrot” is used for the
7. The group will write down each word.
8. If there is any question as to who answered first, the leader will make the final decision.
9. If two students answered at the same time, the card goes back into the deck and will be played again.
10. If no one can answer, the card is put back in the deck and play continues.
This game can be used for different levels and in various ways.
Divide the class into several small groups of 3 or 4 with one leader. The leader can rotate in the game after 20 cards have been played or after a set time limit. One of the existing players becomes the leader and play continues. Each player can rotate in during the whole game, giving each player a turn.
Divide the class into larger groups of 7 or 9 with one leader. Two small teams of 3 or 4 compete against each other. Once again, the leader can rotate into the game. The players will have a different position each time.
Divide the class into two large teams and put them in two lines facing the board. The teacher gives the clue and the students at the front of the line write one answer on the board. The students then pass the marker to the next student in line who must write another answer for the same clue. This continues for a set time limit. The team with the most correct answers wins. Spelling counts!
Class competition: Divide the class into pairs or groups of 3. Fold a paper into 4 sections and choose a leader for the group. The leader will be the writer. The teacher gives Clue #1 and the students give as many answers as possible for the leader to write down on one section of the paper. The teacher sets a time limit and then gives Clue #2. The answers to Clue #2 will be written in the second section of the paper. Clue #3 and #4 will follow the same procedure. Each team puts their answers on the board. The teacher will eliminate all words that have been duplicated between groups. New words get points. Spelling counts!
200 Cards $39.95
Copyright © 2008-2023 Canadian Resources for ESL